Thursday, March 18, 2010

Missing Spring




My spring yard is here somewhere....


There are little signs of desparate plants, trying to push up through the still feet of snow that buried them in the winter. They are trying.


The other day I took a shovel that pile, attempting to help them out. All I got was a few blisters and further frustration at our plow service. I think I'll have to wait this one out...





I diagramed (I know, nerd alert) my yard out last year. It only took me 3 years of living in our town house to finally plant some real flowers. There are many houses around us with wonderful, continually blooming gardens, wonderful in both spring and summer. Color coordinated and height planned to show the maximum number of blooms.


Once the snow melts we'll see how it turns out. I have mini iris, tulips and daffodils.



I hope the bunnies stay away from them....

No comments: