Friday, May 15, 2009

The Beginning of the Trend


The CSA season has arrived! I picked up my first CSA (Community Sponsored Agriculture) box from out farm, Harmony Valley last evening.

The family hosting the pickup site lives just on my way home, so it will be very convenient. We signed up for the ‘every other’ week with another family for veggies and a ‘once a month’ for a cheese share for ourselves. We received a wonderful looking Blue Cheese, a tasty Mozzarella, and a Mild Cheddar this week.


The veggies looked great! Especially the Spinach. So green and leafy looking. There are some varieties of vegetables that I am interested to try out. I’ve never worked with Black Radishes before. It sounds like they have a taste similar to Horseradish. I’m thinking of mixing a sauce up for some of the huge Asparagus that came with.

The packaging is so professional and informative. I was very surprise to see how put-together the boxes were and how smoothly the pick up site was run. Here’s to a great summer CSA start and a new veggie trend on the blog!

No comments: